How to apply
We advised that you get your application as soon as possible for the following reasons:
- Opportunity to sign up to forthcoming events
- Have an early interview
- Receive updates on what is happening at Blackpool Sixth
- Get advice and guidance on careers and subject choices
- Gives you ‘peace of mind’
Please note our initial deadline for applications is 31st March 2018. Please contact the Admissions Team or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any advice before filling in the online form.
To view our entry requirements to study at Blackpool Sixth, please click here.
We interview all potential Blackpool Sixth applicants during Year 11. You will receive details of your interview shortly after you return your application form. The interview might take place at your school or at Blackpool Sixth, depending on the school you are attending. Don’t worry, the interview is not a formal one; it simply gives you the chance to discuss your application and ask any questions you might have about the courses that interest you and about Blackpool Sixth in general. It also gives those students who come into sixth form the opportunity to see students and staff during a normal working day. This gives a good idea of the activities going on here and a feel for the atmosphere.
At interview we will ask to see a copy of your most recent school report (or another document which gives your predicted grades).
Please note that Blackpool Sixth does not authorise holidays in term-time. In accepting your place with us both you and your parent/guardian will be asked to sign to show you understand this commitment.
- Early September – Applications open for Blackpool Sixth
- Saturday 23rd September 2017 – Open day (10:30am – 2:30pm)
- Wednesday 11th October and Tuesday 7th November – Open Evenings (5:30pm – 8:00pm)
- November 2017 – Interviews start
- Wednesday 7th February 2018 – Open evening (5:30 – 7:30pm)
- Throughout March – March taster sessions available each Wednesday
- March 31st 2018 – Application deadline
- May 31st 2018 – Interviews end
- May – June 2018 – Good luck in your exams
- July 2018 – New Student Day
- 23rd and 24th August 2018 – GCSE results and enrolment days
- Tuesday 4th September 2018 – Term starts new Lower Sixth and Route3 students