January Tasters 2019
What is the January Taster Day?
The taster day Saturday 19th January is an excellent way to experience different subjects at Blackpool Sixth. Taster sessions are open to all applicants. You will have two one hour long example lessons in your chosen subjects.
The following subjects are available for tasters on the taster day. Some departments have combined their subject offers to support you in making your proposed programme choices for study in September 2019. Due to capacity some of these tasters are now only available in one of the two sessions.
Business and IT
- BTEC Business
English and Modern Foreign Languages
- English Language/English Literature
- Spanish/French – available session 1 only
- Ancient History/Modern and Medieval History
- Geography – available session 2 only
- REP – available session 2 only
Performing Arts, Music and Media
- Drama & Theatre Studies – available session 1 only
- Performing Arts – available session 1 only
- Musical Theatre – available session 2 only
- Dance – available session 1 only
- Music/Music Technology – available session 2 only
- Film & TV Production – available session 1 only
- Film Studies/Media Studies – available session 2 only
- Biology/Chemistry/Applied Science
Sport, Travel and Public Services
- Travel & Tourism – available session 1 only
- Public services
- Psychology/Sociology – available session 1 only
- Health & Social Care
- Fine Art/Combined Art/Art & Design
- Fashion & Clothing/Textiles
How do I book a place?
In order for you to book a place at the taster day you will need to be a prospective student and therefore will need to have applied to study at Blackpool Sixth. The application is NOT a final commitment to join Blackpool Sixth it simply enables us to communicate essential information to prospective students and their parents/carers.
You can now book your place on the taster day, Saturday 19th January 2019 and select your two subject tasters. You should pick different tasters for each session, you will also be asked for a reserve choice, in case we are not able to accommodate your first choice sessions. Please note, there will be more opportunities to attend further tasters during March 2019 after school and our New Student day Wednesday 3rd July 2019.
The booking form will only take a few minutes to complete but you will need your applicant number to do this. If you do not know your applicant number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school and date of birth or call the Admissions Team on 01253394911.
If you have not yet applied to study with us in September 2019, please head to our application form to apply now