We are lucky enough to have a fantastic team of Student Ambassadors at Blackpool Sixth and we would love you to become part of the team. Here is a word from our current ambassadors about what they do and what you can expect if you sign up in 2018/19.
- We are a team of current students, who represent Blackpool Sixth at Open Days, Taster Days and other college related events.
- We also represent the college externally, as you will find out…
- We raise money for charity
- We’re the guys in purple t-shirts. You may have seen us at college events you attended in year 11.
- Meet and greet prospective students and their parents
- Talk to prospective students about your sixth form experience
- Sign prospective students into events using iPads
- Guide and direct students to different areas in sixth form
- Hand out essential information
Volunteering for this role will:
- Enhance your CV
- Improve your communication skills
- Improve your team working skills
- Enhance your confidence
- Allow you to interact with a variety of different audiences
- Teach you crowd control
- Allow you to express your creativity
All of these skills are extremely important when it comes to the workplace and they look GREAT on your CV.
- Meet like minded people and make new friends
- Receive safeguarding training
- Free DBS check (usually £40)
- Acknowledged by college for your commitment – When you have completed a year of being a Student Ambassador you will get a certificate acknowledging your commitment to the college, signed by the Principal
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Role model
Fill in our short survey here to register your interest in becoming a Student Ambassador for 2018/19
Or email Fay Stone in student liaison: email@example.com
Click to download the student Ambassador job specification: Job Specification 2018/19
You can follow what our ambassadors are up to on their Facebook page.